20 tell-tale signs that you suffer from S.O.S. aka Shiny Object Syndrome. This often means business help is needed urgently – possibly CPR even! #7 is a doozie!
So what is S.O.S.?
Shiny Object Syndrome can cause a massive negative effect on your business and it is crucial that you do not suffer from it – read on to find out if you suffer from it – maybe mildly or do you have a full-blown case!
SOS is when you keep getting distracted by the next Cool!😎 thing. The next shortcut idea you’ve just heard about or the next tool to help you be more productive, i.e. the next shiny object! This will have a huge impact on you, and therefore on your business. You will get distracted! You’ll not achieve the goals you set out to. (A little aside – if you want to know why you’ll never succeed online, check this out). You will have drifted so far from your plan that you are chasing something else entirely, and you will never will, because you keep getting distracted. Now don’t get distracted by this 🙃 , but I was also lucky enough to have this blog post featured as a guest post on John Thornhill’s (internet veteran) blog at https://www.johnthornhill.com/blog/s-o-s-business-help-needed/
So, let’s jump into those tell-tale signs right now, but before we do, just remember this:
Don’t be like a cat chasing anything shiny it sees!
Let’s have a look at 5 of the tell-tale signs
So, do you suffer from any of these tell-tale signs?
- You have post-it notes and ideas written down all over the place
- You suffer from late night clicks on social media! And get up in the morning to a new purchase!
- Have you bought software, that you have not even opened? Just like that ‘sale’ pair of shoes you’ve not even worn yet!
- Does your To Do list only ever get longer?
- You don’t have your goals written down in front of you.
- Do you struggle to find things in your folders?
- Have you achieved as much as you had planned to 6 months or a year ago?
- Has your computer started going slower because of all the checklists and swipe files you’ve downloaded?
- Is your bookmark bar overloaded or a mess?
- Is your bank account going down, and down, never up?
- Are you constantly learning new systems and methods for your online business?
- Have you joined over 20 ‘private groups’ on Facebook?
- Do you keep seeing adverts for more digital marketing products on Facebook?
- Have you tried t
o build a business in more than one niche and none have yet taken off?
- Do you have things in your JVZoo account, that you cannot remember why you purchased them?
- How many of those training courses have you completed?
- Have you noticed yourself talking about the shiny thing you saw just yesterday to your mates?
- Do you keep trying out new shortcuts to success?
- How many of those reports have you implemented?
- Do you like shiny things? 🤣
Please comment below and let me know if you have seen any other indicators of S.O.S.! 😊
If you suffer from S.O.S. just shout out loud,
“Business Help Needed! I am a SOSer and I need help!”
This is a way of declaring publicly to yourself that you need to stop chasing the next big thing. Don’t worry about that advert you just saw on Instagram, or some fast-track to success promise! Stick to your path. Stay Focused. Stay true to your mission.
Some people also call this Shiny Object Disorder, as it would be a S.O.D. 🤣 to suffer from this!
Of course you know what FOMO means – the Fear of Missing Out. I suffer from this! I’m often the last to leave the party – so just be prepared if you invite me to a house party lol! Yes you might miss out on some things right now, but they’ll still be there tomorrow. Once you’ve achieved your goals for your business (more help in this post), and are actually making money, then that can be the time to look out for how to take it to the next level. This way you won’t miss out on what is important, and there are a million and 1 things that will distract you!
If you are always chasing shiny objects, you will NOT succeed.
If you want to learn how to start an online business from home read this, then the surefire way to succeed is to have a plan, and stick to it. Even better than that is to have a coach – to keep you on-track and accountable. These two thing are what have helped me the most. I recommend, that more than anything, you have a clear focus. Make sure you have a plan laid out, that you can stick to. My coach has enabled me to drive my business forward and not get distracted by this and that. I have stuck to my plan. And that is thanks to my coach. If you have a spare moment now, watch this free training from him, I assure you it will be one of the best decisions you make. It might be the 1 big decision you make that sets you off on the right path and transforms your business – it has mine. Still don’t believe me? Then check out WHY YOU’LL NEVER SUCCEED ONLINE! It’s a free report that is sure to shock you!
After this there will be no S.O.S.